8 replies to this topic

#1 TitanKing

TitanKing

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7280 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:24 AM

Hi Guys,

Cooler Master would like for one of the over clocking members to do an official PCBG review of the (Cooler Master TPC 812), as a reward you get to keep it yes.

The review is for a socket:

Intel:
Core™ i7 Extreme / Core™ i7 / Core™ i5 / Core™ i3 / Core™2 Extreme / Core™2 Quad / Core™2 Duo / Pentium / Celeron

AMD:
FX-Series / A-Series / Phenom™ II X4 / Phenom™ II X3 / Phenom™ II X2 / Phenom™ X4 / Phenom™ X3 / Athlon™ II X4 / Athlon™ II X3 / Athlon™ II X2 / Athlon™ X2 / Athlon™ / Sempron™

TPC 812 is the Cooler Master Reference Cooler for optimal Performance and is a high end cooling system with perfect performance for overclocking and silent cooling. TPC 812 is the first-ever CPU heatsink to use vertical vapor chamber technology and combine it with heatpipe technology: the synergy of both Technologies working in tandem delivers the top cooling performance.

You will have to write a review according to the following guidelines:
  • At least 8 paragraphs.
  • Temperature comparison of your current heat sink compared to the Cooler Master TPC 812.
  • Over-clocking your CPU is not a requirements, though you will have to log temperatures during game play of demanding games.
  • Review needs to include experience with assembly.
  • You may also nominate up to 3 of your favourite shops who sells them.
  • Review should be completed in the form of a blog entry on PCBG.
Interesting members can reply to this thread to apply for review.

Attached Files

#2 Zizzy

Zizzy

PCBG Administrator+

• Moderators
  • 6382 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:45 AM

Well if no one else is up for it, I might as well give it a go. Problem though, I'll be comparing it to a Noctua NH-D14.

Except if I put it in our media PC which has a stock cooler on a core 2 duo.

#3 Wolvebain

Wolvebain

Consummate Rambler

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5821 posts
  • LocationBlackhole Sun

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:48 PM

HmMm...

A few quick questions...
  • What is the time-frames/deadline for the review?
  • How many CPU's/CPU types do we need to test it on? [i.e. a few typically used CPU's, 1x prominent AMD + 1x prominent Intel CPU, or whatever is available?]
  • Can we use a sound-meter android app to measure sound levels [not as accurate as an actual Db-meter but can be consistent if used thru-out & effective for the delta]
  • Must the thermalpaste that was included with the heatsink be used, or can others be used [impacts the review of the total product + limits/extends the number of CPU's used]
  • Must the fans that was included with the heatsink be used, or can others be used [again, impacts the review of the total product, but also expands on customization for performance and/or silence]
  • Can the review be BRUTALLY honest; not opinionated or biased, but stating the good with the bad, without the loss of Cooler Master's support?
I'm interested, but depends on feedback of the above questions..

Lemme kno

#4 TitanKingAdmin

TitanKingAdmin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:19 AM

Hi Wolve,
  • About 2 weeks from receiving it.
  • Only 1 CPU is good.
  • Sound measurement will be excellent.
  • If you have better thermal paste, you are more then welcome to use it as it is a professsional heatsink.
  • An improved fan can be used, though the stock fan reading must also be taken.
  • a Brutally honest review is required as they use it for research too.
Regards,
Jason

HmMm...

A few quick questions...

• What is the time-frames/deadline for the review?
  • How many CPU's/CPU types do we need to test it on? [i.e. a few typically used CPU's, 1x prominent AMD + 1x prominent Intel CPU, or whatever is available?]
  • Can we use a sound-meter android app to measure sound levels [not as accurate as an actual Db-meter but can be consistent if used thru-out & effective for the delta]
  • Must the thermalpaste that was included with the heatsink be used, or can others be used [impacts the review of the total product + limits/extends the number of CPU's used]
  • Must the fans that was included with the heatsink be used, or can others be used [again, impacts the review of the total product, but also expands on customization for performance and/or silence]
  • Can the review be BRUTALLY honest; not opinionated or biased, but stating the good with the bad, without the loss of Cooler Master's support?
I'm interested, but depends on feedback of the above questions..

Lemme kno

#5 Wolvebain

Wolvebain

Consummate Rambler

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5821 posts
  • LocationBlackhole Sun

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:30 PM

Thanks TK... I'm game then

#6 Zizzy

Zizzy

PCBG Administrator+

• Moderators
  • 6382 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:47 PM

Did this ever take place? I'm keen on Wolves review.

#7 Wolvebain

Wolvebain

Consummate Rambler

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5821 posts
  • LocationBlackhole Sun

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:11 PM

I keen on my review as well :P

I haven't heard anything on this yet, Zizzy

#8 TitanKing

TitanKing

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7280 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:42 AM

I keen on my review as well :P

I haven't heard anything on this yet, Zizzy

Hi Wolve, could you PM me your address so I can courier this to you pls.

#9 absent

absent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:26 PM

I will definitely be interested in this review.